Repetition/Representation project- wood, pencils -3D design
The same thing represented different ways- hair, photographs-3D design
Art Game Project- based on John Baldessari's Art assignment #2- 3D design
Self Portrait Project- yarn, knitting needles, packing tape -3D design
Self Portrait Project- cast wax flowers, steel -3D design
Expansion- ironed garbage bags, blower -3D design

chewed bubble gum, armature -Advanced sculpture

steel, string, line welding project - 3D design

steel, string, line welding project - 3D design

steel, fabric, line welding project - 3D design

steel, line welding project - 3D design
Lines as Planes- Metal Construction -Beginning Sculpture
cardboard, paint, plane project - 3D design

Cardboard Planar Constructions -Beginning Sculpture
My goal as an instructor is
to prepare my students to become self-directed, practicing artists. I believe
work, persistence, and a willingness to push ones boundaries are key to
breakthroughs in a young artist’s development. My role as a teacher is that of
a guide and reference. I work to create a stimulating environment that fosters
work and creativity, while developing student’s skills in art making, critical
thinking, and problem solving. Through thought provoking assignments I try to
breakdown student’s preconceptions about art and open them up to greater
possibilities.
As an instructor I make sure
students receive instruction and individual attention. I teach students to
think about their art critically, giving them the proper tools to analyze their
own work. Students gain clarity about their ideas and methods through peer
discussions and critiques. They begin to see where they fit in the current art
world and art history. I teach students to generate ideas by looking to themselves,
their work, to their experiences as well as history. I introduce students to artists’
work relevant to the students work and ideas. As students make these
connections between their work and the world around them they find their
direction. With this clarity they can focus their energy on exploring and
pushing the boundaries of these connections.
In preparation to be
practicing artists I teach students organizational skills for time and ideas.
Students organize their thoughts and ideas by keeping a journal/sketchbook or
blog and keeping a log of studio time. I teach students to be a resource for
each other, how to network and work as collaborators. Every individual is unique. We all bring
diverse viewpoints to the learning/teaching environment. Each student can
contribute to a dynamic class experience.
Work is the key to an
artist’s development. Time spent in the studio fosters independent thinking and
innovation. I strive to develop student’s technical skills and understanding of
materials. In my studio practice I have developed skills in 3D modeling as it
applies to the fabrication of sculpture. I use 3D modeling, computer controlled
cutting, all aspects of metal and wood fabrication, and automotive painting. I
am constantly developing and adapting many skills to my artistic practice. I
teach basic processes, as well as new methods, and theory to give students the
background necessary to create art. In addition to these building block skills
I encourage students to push the boundaries of these materials and processes
and to find and develop new resources that are best suited to their studio
practice.














No comments:
Post a Comment